Sunday, November 3, 2019

It’s finished then

I can see the signs, the flags are waving 
It’s over, and it’s time to move on
The best thing to happen is not to spend one more thought 💭 in that place 
All that time was a gigantic waste
Sometimes I question what it was I was thinking 
And then it occurred to me I can forget it by drinking 
It wasn’t worth really remembering, all truth be told
It’s more fun to come down with a cold
Happiness can’t fill your soul when it’s stuffed full of crap
Need to get out the garbage bags, clean it out, get it out or it will claim you like a trap
Happiness, like the morning sun starts out as a mere glimmer 
By supper time that glimmer has become a bright burning fire 🔥 
In order to keep it burning have to forget about you being such a liar 
That’s going backwards though and that’s the past that’s being left behind 
I am focusing on tomorrow and that warm sunshine 🌞 
To keep me from the cold dark ruin of you


No comments:

Post a Comment