Friday, July 14, 2023



 Happiness used to be such an easy thing to define

Perhaps because it was never something that was longed for in my mind

Just something felt, by laughter an upturned mouth and twinkle in the eye

Why do I struggle now with being happy, it can’t be this hard to find 

Life was simple in the days long since gone? Required nothing grandiose, no special effort or ploy

Just me, some friends and let the good times roll? Each brings a difference, that adds so much to our group 

With responsibilities, bills and children life isn’t just a night out with the boys

Remembering the time we shared before those 3 things just above

Uninhibited, unencumbered, just the beginning of our love 

Realizing in a flash, maybe by the lightning in this dark night rain falling from the sky

Happiness is the look you give me when I make you laugh, seeing the joy spread in you those sparkling eyes

This started with me feeling this happiness construct was evasive and complex

But now that I think of it, so much easier than before

Finding my happiness happens every time I walk through our door 

No comments:

Post a Comment