Monday, July 17, 2023

Onward


 

Reluctantly building toward the ultimate decline

pacing ahead yet it's not what I want on my mind

tethered to a dream I never knew I even had

not necessarily good yet not necessarily bad

driven to the brink by my rash choice of action

not giving myself a chance to succeed, my ideas don't gain traction

wanting, desire neither fulfilling that image of success in my mind

haven't put forth the effort whether from my heart, or given enough time

dedicated to the show great spark and flash

never gaining the traction to turn those ideas into cash

each grain of energy not dedicated to moving the path ever forward

can't keep on the same path I've forgotten even what I am moving toward

drive, ambition, dedication bring success

wanting, desiring without the effort doesn't pass the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment