Sunday, September 15, 2019

wishing

Out there somewhere is the dream waiting to be
Each moment without it leaves me flounder underneath the white clouded sea
The rush of the wind makes my dream seem ever elusive
No matter how hardI try the situation is never conducive
Each moment in nature makes my soul feel calmed
Like rubbing aloe on a sunburn
Or a drink with my friend Sean
Passion and longing my companions on this bright sunshine day
My desire to have that dream outweighed by my willingness to stay
Is it possible to feel stuck when you are standing on the top of the world?
Watching the hawks ride the wind, the trees by the breeze do stir
Peace is not the company of the insecure
Calmness, stability disappear in a blur 
Waiting so open for the dream to come
Waited to long, sun disappearing it’s time to be done
Walking back down the path over packed earth and stone
In the shade the wind chills me right to my bone
I desire what’s elusive some that’s all we ever do
That choice can be made differently at any point it’s up to you
Stay in one place hoping for something to change
When no evidence can be found, to the contrary, it will all stay the same
Finding a dream, finding the will it’s the opportunity that’s desired and sought 
Fighting myself and the obvious, my soul won’t be bought
I want this to end but have nowhere good to go
Wanted so much more than can be delivered please say it ain’t so.

No comments:

Post a Comment