Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Quiet Morn

silently I stare
Breathing deeply of the fresh morning air
Gently the light starts to break the dark sky
Lifting me from dreams to the place where I try
Try to work hard to provide
Try to come out sane on this wild ride
Each moment like this as I sit quietly sipping coffee in the dark
Contemplating moments, chances to knock it out of the park
Commitment of a future looking to be promoted
Taking my artistic side, sorry to busy you get demoted
Priorities are an interesting thing
We make time for whatever is important
Leaving everything else in a dusty ring
Each day endeavoring better than before
Yet somehow wind up in the same place...what a chore
The dreams are nothing without goals in tow
What those goals are? I don’t know?
Kids, pets, work and wife
All vying for attention oh what a life
Trying to fit my passions in doesn’t usually have time to allow
Yet I love this life and as the sun crests I must take a bow
For its off to work I must go
A great day I decided I will have (just so you know)

No comments:

Post a Comment