Saturday, September 14, 2019

Reaching the end

Reaching down on hands of time
Crossing hidden battle lines
Souls been sold to laziness and despair
Do the mind and heart really care?
The feel of falling in limbo into the grave so deep
Thoughts random and scattered, just can’t reach sleep
Dreams won’t help, So scared inside
When can I get off, be done with this ride?
Grave dug so deep
Can escape be within my reach?
I try reaching up
Past drags me down
Holding me quietly, with that knowing frown
The torment I bring myself, not releasing the fear, hurt and pain
Surrounded by insecurity, jokingly feeling insane
I set the traps
So there’s no way I can win
How can I escape, where does it need to begin
The belief in myself
I can conquer my hurt, pain & shame
My mind tells my heart
But without the belief it’s not the same
Can I reach? My fingers feel the soft earth reaching
Wanting that feeling of starting anew
Can I do this? Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment