Friday, September 27, 2019

Thinking of yesterday’s past

My Grandfather passed about 10 years ago. Last night I had a dream of him and I working to find something in my Aunt’s old bedroom. As my alarm pulled me from sleep, I got to thinking that I should have hugged him or something as I miss him so. This is relatable in that we all have someone whether through breakup, moving or passing that we miss. From my perspective I wish I had then sense to tell him I loved him or gave him a hug. As is often the case we don’t get to say goodbye in a meaningful way or in a way we want. Sometimes it’s because we don’t have the opportunity as in breaking up or a sudden passing because of the shock of the event. Sometimes it’s just because the pain of that loss is so great that even when we have said goodbye it never feels like enough because we want them back so much.
There is no easy way to get through this. They say that time heals all wounds but that’s not true. Time doesn’t heal it just provides distance. Sometimes, if we are lucky, with that distance comes perspective. Often though time just creates a void of that presence we can choose to ignore or act on. It’s why some of us go to the gravesite while others can’t. Acknowledging the loss and remembering the good is the only way to truly heal. Focusing on the pain leaves us in limbo from which we never heal. You should have a gap in your soul. Anyone worth knowing that had an impact on your life should create this when they are gone. Filling that gap with great memories of time well spent together is always better than being in that space of loss.
Just my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment